To support organizations and migrant workers during the COVID-19 public health emergency, AMSSA has created a curated list of useful resources. This list will be updated as new information is released.
- New public policy on biometrics collection exception for temporary residence applicants from within Canada in effect until further notice from IRCC
IRCC has put in place until further notice a public police to exempt temporary residence applicants applying from within Canada from having to give their biometrics. This means we will be able to fully process and make decision on applications.
- WorkSafe BC: COVID-19 and the Workplace
A summary of recommendations for key workplace issues related to COVID-19 such as workplace protections, right to refuse work and compensation.
- WorkSafe BC COVID-19 Information and Resources
Learn more about WorkSafe BC services during the pandemic including how to make a claim.
- Guidance for Employers of Temporary Foreign Workers Regarding COVID-19 – Government of Canada
The Government of Canada has released a document outlining the expectations for employers regarding Temporary Foreign Workers. The resource is also available in French: Lignes directrices pour les employeurs de TET concernant la COVID-19
- Preventing exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace: A guide for employers
The minimum standard that employers must meet, to comply with obligations to ensure worker health and safety.
- Employment Standards Act: Protecting Jobs During Difficult Times
The Province has made two significant changes to the Employment Standards Act to better support workers both during the COVID-19 public health emergency and in the long term.
- Medical Services Plan – British Columbia Response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, temporary foreign workers in B.C. with a permit of less than 6 months, who would otherwise not be eligible for coverage under MSP, will be provided temporary MSP coverage to July 31, 2020 or the end of their permit, whichever is sooner.
- Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety & Depression
Information on what we can do as individuals and collectively to deal with stress and support one another during these challenging times.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Transit Precautions
Guidelines to keep the transit system safe and clean for yourself and those around you.
- Preparing Your Farm for COVID-19
Many producers are wondering, where do I start? AgSafe BC has British Columbia-specific workplace COVID-19 resources for employers in agriculture.
Visit the AMSSA website for general COVID-19 resources.