Filing Complaints for Migrant Workers in BC

All workers in Canada are protected under federal and provincial/territorial laws. If a migrant worker faces issues at work, they may decide to file a complaint or make a claim. Complaint mechanisms and claims processes in B.C. and across Canada are spread among different government agencies, though some share jurisdiction over certain issue areas. Government agencies that receive and process complaints and claims include Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), the BC Human Rights Tribunal, Employment Standards and WorkSafeBC.

Learn more about Filing Complaints for Migrant Workers in BC in this info sheet.

Read here:

Filing-Complaints-for-Migrant-Workers-in-BC- Download here
Previous Post
National Virtual Roundtables for Migrant Worker Support Organizations